Daniel is the Head Triathlon Coach of the triathlon coaching team at Onebody. Daniels team of triathlon coaches offer triathlon coaching sessions within the hills district as well as online triathlon coaching options. He graduated from Macquarie University in 2002 with a Bachelor of Medical Science and has a detailed understanding of the body that extends to anatomy, biomechanics, energy production and hormone regulation within the body. Originally a medical research scientist, he now applies his extensive background knowledge to maximise the physical results an individual can achieve through exercise, nutrition and modern training principles.
Daniel is an accredited Retul bike fitter and is recognised as a bike fitting professional by the International Bike Fitting Institute (IBFI). He was the first Retul accredited bike fitter in Sydney and one of the first people in Australia trained to use the Retul Motion Capture Technology. He applies his in-depth understanding of biomechanics, functional anatomy and his unique attention to detail to all bike fittings he performs. For more information on his experience and qualifications as a bike fitter, please check out his accreditation.
Daniel is accredited as a level 2 High Performance Triathlon Coach by Triathlon Australia and has been a fully accredited personal trainer with Fitness Australia since 2006. His extensive experience includes working with people of all abilities, skill levels and unique needs. Clients have included beginners, Super 12 Rugby Players, Australian Wallabies, National Swimmers & Australian Triathletes competing at world championships.
Daniel has years of Triathlon Coaching, Triathlon Training and Triathlon Racing experience and understands the training, nutrition, recovery and performance requirements of endurance sports. Daniel’s athletic background includes;
- Multiple Australian Ironman Finisher
- Multiple Half Ironman finishes
- Olympic Distance Australian age group representative for World Championships in Vancouver 2008
- Selection for Sprint Distance Australian age group team for World Championships on the Gold Coast in 2009
- Countless sprint and Olympic distance races throughout Australia and overseas
Triathlon Coaching Positions held:
- Western Sydney Academy of Sport, Head Triathlon Coach, 2012 – 2016
- Triathlon NSW Junior Performance Squad Coach, 2014
- Triathlon NSW Junior Development Squad, Assistant Triathlon Coach, 2011 – 2013
- Hills Triathlon Club, Affiliate Club Coach, 2008 – Current
- Onebody Triathlon Program, Head Coach, 2007 – Current
- Kona Ironman Qualification
- Elite ITU Jnr and Youth competitors
- Top 3 podium finishes at Ironman events
- Assisting multiple athletes achieve qualification for World Championships in both short and long course distances. His athletes’ results at Worlds have included top 10 finishes
- Core stability training for elite rugby union players, national swimmers, elite rally car drivers & Australian triathletes
- Personal best times over various endurance sports and distances
- Helped clients achieve significant weight loss
- Management and rehabilitation of chronic injuries including overuse injuries
- Increased fitness & strength for people of all ages & backgrounds
- Strength preparation prior to surgery and rehabilitation following surgery
- Correction of muscle dysfunction & return of muscle balance
Daniel and his team of coaches are able to work with people of all levels and achieve results by teaching them how to train effectively using modern training techniques and principles.
Unit 16 / 9 Hoyle Ave, Castle Hill, NSW, 2154
Ph: 02 8677 5605