During the winter months, Hills Tri Club hosts an open sanctioned duathlon race. Yes – race entry is open to everyone (must meet the minimum age restrictions set down in the Triathlon Australia Participant Policy document).
The race is perfect for athletes who are looking to stay fit during the cooler months with some fun and competitive racing. Our popular duathlon Series attracts up to 250-300 competitors, in an electronically timed and Triathlon Australia sanctioned race environment.
1st / 2nd / 3rd place medals per 10yr Age Group for the sprint race!
Duathlon Entry Information
Entries close Wednesday midday the week of the race or earlier if the field reaches maximum capacity.
Location: Regatta Centre Penrith
Date: Sunday 8th July 12 noon 2018
- Sprint – 5km run, 20km Cycle, 2.5km run
- Enticer & 12 years – 2km run, 10km Cycle, 1km run
- Juniors 10-11 years – 1km run, 5km Cycle, 500m run
- Juniors 7-9 years – 500m run, 3km Cycle, 500m run
- Main race $45 / $55*
- Teams $60 /$70*
- Enticer $35 /$45*
- Juniors $15/$25*
*price for athletes who are not Hills Tri Club members
Non-members additional fee
Non-members of Triathlon Australia need to pay an additional fee for a one-day race licence
- Main Race – $7.50
- Enticer – $2
- Juniors – $1
- Minimum age for the main race is 14 years old as an individual and 13 years old as a team entrant.
- 13 years can compete in the Enticer and may only compete in the main race if in a team doing one of the legs. This is in line with TA policy (here).
- 12 years can compete in the Enticer event.
- Age is determined as at 31 December 2018.
Hills races are sanctioned by Triathlon NSW, as such every athlete must be covered by insurance. Non-annual members of Triathlon Australia need to purchase a one day Triathlon Australia membership (included in your race entry fee) to facilitate this requirement.
Information about Triathlon NSW membership can be found at www.triathlon.org.au/nsw