Where to start?
The best place to start is to come to a weekly club “Brick” session at Parramatta Park. It’s on each weekend at 7:30 (arrive at 7:20 to set up ) at Parramatta Park – meet at the bottom of the hill as you drive down, you will see our bike racks on the left.
Brick is held on both Saturday and Sunday and runs for the majority of the year – we post on our facebook page weekly when its not on due to special events etc.
Our club coaches Daniel Bain and Emir Mujcinovic also run their own specific junior training programs that are extremely popular.
At Hills Tri Club we aim to support juniors as they progress through the sport of triathlon by facilitating a fun safe environment for training and racing. We encourage all kids to come and give tri a try!
At every Hills Tri event, we hold junior races as well as our main adults race that we are REALLY proud of! We don’t award medals for 1st place, at our events it all about having a good time, racing friends and setting personal best times.
All our races are in a safe environment that feature:
- A straight line open water swim with no waves
- Life saving IRB and paddle boarders on the water for safety
- A bike course closed to all cars
- Run course with aid stations
- St Johns first aid officers on hand all event
- A professional race kit with race numbers and transition area
- Electronic timing
Junior Triathlon Distances
Enticer distance 250m swim / 10k bike / 2.5k run
12 years: 250m Swim/ 10km Cycle/ 2km Run
10-11 years: 200m Swim/ 5km Cycle/ 1km Run
7-9 years: 100m Swim/ 2.5km Cycle/ 500m Run
Costs for juniors can be found on our racing page. Pricing starts from $20 for members and $25-27 for non-members
Parents please note that we can’t put on events without YOUR help. We need about 15 parents each race to help direct kids in the right direction (or they all get lost / go the wrong way / do too many laps.. Hey they’re kids – as soon as the first person does the wrong thing they all just follow blindly!).
In order to keep tabs on who is helping out and to ensure we have enough people, we have set up a volunteer registration at our race page. Please help out and don’t just stand there watching, only to then wonder why things don’t go perfectly on race day.
Training with Onebody
Onebody Indoor Cycling sessions allow you to use your own bike for the most specific training option available indoors. We use a multi-rider system of Computrainers combined with the latest software to provide you with power based resistance at the optimal level to improve your performance. Book in via the app.
Tuesday 5.40am, 6am, 6.55am, 7.15am – 60min sessions
Wednesday 5.40am, 6am, 6.55am, 7.15am, 5.30pm – 60min sessions
Thursday 5.40am, 6am, 6.55am, 7.15am, 5.30pm, 5.45pm, 6,45pm, 7pm – 60min sessions
Saturday 5.40am, 6am – 90min sessions
Onebody Strength sessions
Onebody Strength, Conditioning & Mobility Training is suitable for athletes of all abilities that are looking to improve their sporting performance.
Tuesday Core Strength and Flexibility 6-7pm, Castlewood Reserve Castle Hill
Thursday Strength 5.45pm-6.45pm, Onebody Studio, 16/9 Hoyle Ave Castle Hill
Book in via the app
ACTIVEKIDS Voucher Offer: Kids can join and race for FREE!
Great news – Hills Tri Club has been approved to be provider of the $100 Active Kids voucher from the NSW office of sport – just in time for membership renewal on Sunday.
To make it really easy for everyone (especially us – as it’s a lot of manual work for our volunteers to process these), we will be offering families the opportunity to use their $100 voucher when a junior joins the club this coming season as follows:
Current regular membership offer:
Join TA* + Join Hills Tri Club ($25). Pay for each race as you go as per normal. No vouchers can be redeemed via this option.
New ACTIVE KIDS voucher offer now available:
Join TA* + Join Hills Tri Club for free using your $100 voucher, which will include free entry to all of our club triathlons this season!
To take advantage of the new voucher offer, follow these below steps:
- Visit www.service.nsw.gov.au and create or login to your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Complete an Active Kids application through your MyServiceNSW Account.
- You will receive a voucher with a unique ID number for each child you register
- Email president@hillstriclub with your child’s full name, and voucher ID number.
- We will then email you a membership code to enter at the checkout of the TA membership renewal page.
- Go to the Tri Australia Membership page, and renew or join TA and Hills Tri Club http://www.triathlon.org.au/Membership
- Select the option called “$100 Hills Active Kids”
- At the checkout, use the code that Hills tri Club gives you which will reduce the price by $100, so you’ll only be left to pay the TA fee.
- Start training for the summer tri series 🙂
Your free race entry code for the year will be the same at the MEMERBSHIP CODE that Hills Club emails you. Nice and simple!
A few things to be aware of:
- You still must enter each race individually and use the code at the checkout to get free race entry ie don’t just rock up to a race and think because you have the active kids voucher that you’re in, we wont be manually entering ANYONE, its up to PARENTS to enter their kids to each race.
- Registration for each race opens once the previous race is concoluded. Race entries strickly close the wednesady before each race. Anyone who needs to do an late entry after the cut off will need to pay the $20 late fee.
- We are planning 5 triathlons this season. So if you race all 5, your free active voucher is providing you $25 Membership, plus 5 race entries at $20 each, totalling $125 (more if you race enticer / spint)
- Race entry for an ACTIVEKIDS voucher can be ANY distance that you child is abale to race e.g junior distances, Enticer or Sprint. No team entires available with free active kids vouchers – individuals only.
- Our winter Duathlon is not included in the active kids program, Only the Hills Tri Series.
- Race dates and distances for 2018 are on our webpage. Race dates for 2019 are still TBA. http://hillstriclub.com/tri-club-races-events/garmin-tri-series/
We also have a juniors page to have a look at too
We think this is probably the best Active Kids offer out there in the triathlon community. We hope we get a lot of Juniors to take advantage of it!
For more information on Active Kids Vouchers visit www.service.nsw.gov.au
* TA fee ($34-71) depending on age. Refer to TA fee guide